Friday, March 4, 2011

Rob Bell Brings The Don Out of Retirement

I was done. Gone. Finished. The Don had shut the door on the blogosphere and discontinued patrolling the internets. I was perfectly happy with writing 27 books a year, teaching my Trinity students the art of awesome, and looking like a vampire in my Amazon.com bio picture.

And then Rob Bell had to go off and disappoint John Piper. And much like he used to do when we were kids, Piper displayed his disappointment by taking his ball and going home.

So mark your calendars, folks: I've got a special blog entry coming next Tuesday, March 8 at 10:00 a.m. central time to deal with Rob Bell so that John will stop texting me his complaints about Bell's new book every 30 minutes.

Bell will curse the day he was born for making me put up with this whining.

In the meantime, feel free to completely ignore 1 Corinthians 1:12-13 and pick up one of these T-shirts.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I checked my email this morning and couldn't believe my eyes. My favorite blog that I subscribed to over 3 years ago had a new post for the first time since 2007?

I assumed it was a mistake, so I clicked through and read the new entry. OH MY GOSH! It's real, and you are still amazing! SO looking forward to tomorrow's entry! Great to have you back, Don!

rick said...

Is there a way to get one on the front and one on the back of a tee? The hard part would be to decide who is coming and who is going.

Anonymous said...

So I read through Justin Taylor's post which Piper linked to in his tweet and I was struck by the last sentence where he says "there are tens of thousands of folks who look to Rob Bell as a biblical teacher and leader. May God give much mercy."

I guess I found it odd that he would ask for mercy in a matter that he was already certain there couldn't be any.

Then again, maybe it was just something nice to say at the end of a critical post to lessen the sting of his words. I don't know.

beckley said...

Funny. While running last night, I was thinking, "I just WISH Piper would take his ball and go home."

I've got a sunset and a boat with his name on it =)

Somehow this blog came to me via facebook repost...and as a TEDS grad, I find it FUNNY =)

Justin Freeman said...

Awesome Carson, it is so great to see you back on the "internets." You have been dearly missed. We anxiously await tomorrow's article.

Esteban Vázquez said...

All hail the return of the The Dragon!

scott mckenzie said...

i actually started crying after reading that blog post.
WELCOME BACK FAKECARSON!