Saturday, August 25, 2007

John Piper Calling

So I'm sitting down Thursday evening and I'm watching television because I finally remembered to start TiVoing Robin and Company, and the phone rings.

And rings.

And rings.

I would have answered it sooner, but I was afraid it was frickin' Paige Patterson and I just couldn't muster the strength to speak to him twice in one week.

Finally, Joy yells at me to get it because she's making dinner and the noise is driving her crazy.

So I answer it and it turns out to be John Piper.  He tells me that he read the article I mentioned him in this week.  I thought he was going to be upset that I divulged such personal information (I write before I think sometimes...just ask my editors).

He wasn't.  As a matter of fact, he thanked me and said it was just the wake-up call he's been needing.  Said Greg Boyd's been telling him the same thing for years but he never felt like he had to listen since Boyd's a frickin' Open Theist/heretic.

John went on to invite the Don on a camping trip this weekend.  I'm so excited!  I left Friday morning and we had a great first night.  We're just about to head out again as soon as I'm done with this little blog post (I brought my Smart Phone with me to blog on...wouldn't want to leave you guys hanging).

All that to say, the Don will be out of pocket for the rest of the weekend, but please check back Monday because I can't wait to tell you all about my camping trip with John Piper.  I really think we're going to have a lot to talk about.

Plus, just wait 'till I describe to you what John's legs look like in hiking shorts...

No comments: